Lady Bug House Instructions
by Austin & Martha Quinn
Royal Oak, MI 48067-1033
- Purchase 1" x 6" x (whatever you desire: Must be at least 3')
(actual size for 1"x6" is 3/4"x51/2")
- Cut all pieces one at a time to allow for kerf.
- Edge top and sand all pieces.
- Use washers in front to allow pivoting for twigs, lady bugs, and cleaning.
(may have to be screwed shut later)
- Paint or seal with exterior paint.
- Decorate with your choice of décor (Lady Bugs preferred).
- Attach to pole and place into garden area. The lady bug house should be 1-2
feet from ground. (Avoid rain damage)
Birds are unlikely to get into the lady bug house. The space between the
base and the front should only be 3/4" and the
space between the top and the front should only be 1".
Click on the image below for the measurement diagrams: